Thank you from your winner – James!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a €25 voucher!

We asked James to tell us about winning I’m an Engineer, and here is what he said…

I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the ‘I’m an Engineer’ competition and I can’t thank everybody enough for the votes, questions, answers, effort and time that went into it. It completely surpassed any expectations I had before going into it and I would definitely recommend it to any engineers reading this.

I think the idea for the competition is brilliant and I would’ve loved the opportunity myself to talk to engineers when I was a student, so I commend the team that made it all happen. I can imagine there is a tremendous amount of work that goes on behind the scenes so I would like to give a huge thanks to the ‘I’m an Engineer’ team as everything was made effortless for us engineers, and the staff were always courteous. You did a fantastic job and I wish you all the best with what I’m sure will be great events in the future.

I am good friends with Norah, but it has been my first time and a pleasure to meet Dominic, Jenny and Kevin. It was great to speak to you all over the chats and hopefully we can meet in person one day.

I have been looking for an opportunity to get involved with space education and outreach activities, and now the opportunity has been given to me by you, the students. In 2012, I decided to enroll in a robotics workshop given by a visiting Japanese professor. I now work in Japan for that same professor, so I now intend to go in a full circle and use the money to give space robotics workshops in Ireland, which will hopefully help students into space careers as it has for me.

Lastly and most importantly, to the students, I can’t thank you enough for everything. Through all the crazy questions and brilliant enthusiasm, I have loved answering your curiosities. I in turn grew even more fond of space, and you have now furthered my passion to educate and help students. Best of luck with all of your futures, and enjoy school while you can.

Posted on March 28, 2017 by modmichaela in News. Leave a comment